Van Insurance NI - Compare 20 plus Underwriters in Minutes , Book and Pay online
Do you need a quote for van insurance in Northern Ireland? If the answer is yes then you have found a service dedicated to providing NI residents with insurance quotes from multiple brokers by simply completing one online inquiry form. In a matter of minutes you will start to receive a selection of policy quotes from a variety of brokers that deal exclusively in the van sector insurance market.
Compare the NI Market Place to Find a Good Deal on Van Cover
Van insurance like most insurance can be costly so it pays to compare the market to find a suitable quote that meets fully with your insurance requirements and in addition comes at an affordable price. Like auto insurance private or commercial van policies come in the standard 3 modes 1 Basic Third Party, 2 Third party plus Fire and Theft and Comprehensive which includes all the aforementioned and in addition offers cover to you and your vehicle.
Ways to Reduce your Van Insurance Costs
Underwriters apply any factors when arriving at a cost for your individual van insurance NI policy. A few of these you will have some control over. Number one is security, adding additional anti theft devices that are approved within the insurance industry will see a drop of your annual or monthly van premium. Install a tracking GPS devices which will increase the chance that your van will be recovered should it be stolen and is part of the underwriters calculation. Safe overnight parking preferably in a secure garage will know more pounds of the final premium cost. Post code has a small influence and unfortunately is not something that you as a van owner has control over. Major towns like Belfast, Ballymena, Coleraine, Downpatrick and Enniskillen will attract a slightly higher premium than more rural post codes.
Vans like cars are classed into 20 risk categories. These are based on a myriad of underwriter calculations using big data over a long period of time. This enables them to place particular vans into categories arranged from lows risk to high risk. Obviously the higher the category the higher will be your premium. If you are a young driver under 25 or under 21 or have a driving conviction it may be worth taking this into account when it comes to purchase your vehicle.
Compare 20 plus Northern Ireland insurance brokers who can provide quotes for third party, third party fire and theft plus fully comprehensive for all van types including Peugeot Partner, Fiat Doblo, Ford Transit And Nissan Navara to name a few. Check your obligation to keep your van roadworthy by visiting https://www.nidirect.gov.uk
Do Some Research before purchasing your NI work van
- Normally the smaller the van the cheaper will be the insurance premium. However, if the van you buy is too small for its purpose you will be out of pocket taking this into consideration spend time ensuring the van size will fit your current and future business needs.
- Check for any price variance related to the actual manufacturer, similar sized vans which you would expected to have the same premium costs can vary dependent upon the supplier. For example parts for a particular van model could be more expensive than another make / model thus increasing the associated premium that you will end up paying.
- Look at the cover offered and check that your requirement for all the options offered. For example if cover for Europe is included, but you don't travel into Europe then you are probably paying for something that you do not need.
- Finding the correct level of cover is important and do take advise from your broker, but at the same do not over insure as this is money wasted for example taking out European cover if you never travel to Europe.
- Fitting insurance industry approved security devices should lead to a better quote for you van insurance NI. Additionally if you can provide safe overnight parking this again shroud help bring down your annual premiums.
General Types of Cover Available to Van Drivers in Northern Ireland
Most van cover will fall into 1 of 3 categories:
- Haulage Insurance : If you are delivery goods normally over a long distance haulage or lorry insurance northern Ireland will be required.
- Carriage of own goods : This is suitable for tradesmen that carry tools and material in their vehicle, plumbers and electricians are examples that would fall into this group.
- Van Courier Insurance : This is higher risk than haulage as you most likely will be doing many drops and like haulage you are carrying other people's goods for hire or reward.
Consider Extras That May Be of Benefit or Included in the Quote
Excess Cover : The excess which is an amount that you would normally be liable for in the event of a claim, it can be a considerable amount as such you should consider taking out a van excess insurance policy. You may choose to increase the excess and thus reduce your annual premium.
Breakdown Cover : Is breakdown cover included in your van's policy if not it may work out cheaper to add this in as an extra to your cover rather than take out a separate breakdown policy. with another provider
Windscreen : Windscreen damage to vans like cars is common and can be costly to get fixed quickly so you are not off the road for more than 1 day. In some cases at may be cheaper dealing direct with a windscreen specialist company, particularly if you run a fleet of vans
Legal Protection : This is applicable if your have the legal minimum of third party cover. The purpose of this extra is to ensure yourself against uninsured losses. Simply put if another party is responsible for damages that you are not covered for you will have access to experienced legal assistance to help ensure the third party's insurance company pays up .
Replacement Vehicle : Does the provider offer another vehicle like for like should your on vehicle be off the road any period of time?
Van Insurance Groups
Similar to cars, van are grouped into insurance categories. These categories range from 1 to 20 with category 1 being the the cheapest to insure. Which van goes into which group is the responsibility of ABI. A myriad of factors are factored into grouping vans into categories. Some of the major factors include price and size. Coming in next are repair costs which includes parts replacement. The average cost of repair varies from one manufacturer to the next manufacturer and from model to model within a manufacturer. For example Mercedes vans will be in a higher insurance category compared to Ford vans for the above reasons. If your van model or make is a popular choice for van thieves then this will be added into equation.
I was looking for a better deal on insurance for my ice cream van and on a friends recommendation I tried Van Insure NI which enabled me to make significant savings on my van cover.
Read What Others Have Said About Van Insurance Northern Ireland
We needed cover for a small van we use for moving small items for our grocery shop and we found that we could check multiple Ni brokers easily just by completing one inquiry form and this give us a lot of leverage with our current broker when it came to renewal time.
I needed cover for my small fleet of haulage trucks and found this site which was easy to use and at the same time provided quotes with multiple Northern Ireland brokers. Which saved me loads of time, great service, thanks